What information do we collect from you?
Registration with Study Standard is completely optional. You may search for information on our site without registering. However, most of our services will not be available to you unless you register first. Information collected from you upon registering and interacting with our site may include:
- Your contact information, including your full name, email address, postal address, gender and age.
- You will be asked to provide your user name and password when you login to the site.
- Information related to your transactions on the site. This includes any orders you place on our site.
- Information related to your interactions with our services and ads.
- Information that you provide our customer service team with if you contact us for assistance.
- Other information that is related to services that you may use on our site.
We may also collect technical and/or device information from you when you use our services. This information may include:
- Your operating system or the type of browser you use.
- How you connect to the internet, and what type of device you use to do so.
- The name of your internet service provider or wireless carrier.
- Your IP address.
- Any data that relates to issues or malfunctions that occur when you use our site.
- Information including log files, web requests, referring and exit pages, number of clicks on our site, how you use links on our site, domain names, pages viewed, landing pages, and other related analytic information.
Additionally, we may place cookies on your browser. Cookies are informational files that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive. They can make surfing the web easier for you by saving your preferences. They can also help us improve our service to you by saving your preferences, helping retrieve your login information and personalizing offers that you may be interested in. If you would rather not accept cookies, you can set your browser to reject them. Please note that by doing so, you may not be able to access all of our features.
Some of the information we collect to help us analyze our performance is analyzed by Google Analytics, a third party company. If you do not want Google Analytics to collect data from you, you can opt out here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
What do we do with the information we collect from you?
Study Standard may collect and use the information above to provide you with the best service possible, and to help us continually improve our services. This includes providing you with the features you want, including any customized requests. We may also use this information to provide you with updates about our services, respond to your queries and to deliver your requests.
Will we ever disclose your information?
We reserve the right to disclose information about you as a user of our service under the following circumstances:
- Legal or governmental requests including, but not limited to search warrants, court orders and subpoenas.
- When we believe in good faith that a crime was (or is) being committed by a user.
- When your well-being or that of another person is being threatened.
- When we need to protect our property.
- In the instance that our business is sold or there is a merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- For us to render the service you have requested.
What happens if there is a change in company ownership?
If there is a change in the ownership of Study Standard, as a result of an acquisition or merger, your information may be transferred. Before such a change would ever occur, we would provide you with notice.
How do we ensure your personal information is secure?
Protecting your personal information is of utmost importance to us
.Our employees do not have access to personal information.
- We always transmit your information securely using 128-bit SSL encryption.
- We store data only in secure data centers protected security 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our website and client software are hardened against attacks. We work with third party penetration testers to simulate attacks on our own systems.
How can you contact us?
Study Standard Inc.
9322 3rd Avenue, Suite 435
Brooklyn, NY 11209
Special Notice For California Residents:
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request information from Study Standard concerning the way we share certain personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under this law, California residents can submit a request to us to receive:
- The types of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year;
- The names and addresses of these third parties, and
- An example of the third party’s products or services will be given if the type of their business cannot be determined from their name.
California residents are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to individuals. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for these requests.